Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Voices

Speak to me so that I may hear
Say to me all I fear

For the darkness may come over me
But not by the purpose of my ear
guarded from the promises of despair

Let the hope of words
cascade amongst the hills
and the voices lifted up
from every work of every zeal

That the coldness of the heart
May not reside in the clear
That the day will glorify in me
That this is why I am here

To hear the words
Of the voice of our year
saying
thy glory will be thee
tear upon tear
wake upon wake
drudging and resisting the mere
Chance to forsake
to abdicate a quake
A rambling
In the channel of the ear

Could it be silent
In their rearing
Could it be seen
Distances ago?

Who was dreaming of the old
When the young were screaming

Whose voices were heard then so?
Who called for the ever glow
Of hope to entail what belonged

As the voices sang
For a new christening
A new below
And the voices shattering
The one to know.
The voice of thee, we shall sow.



No comments:

Post a Comment